Thursday, November 18, 2010

Police

Today I went to the Southfield Police Department for a school field trip, if you call it that. They gave us a tour of the Department and it was not that interesting as I thought it was going to be. I think the most interesting part of the tour was the K9 demonstration. The police officer brought out his dog to show how the dog reacts to having marijuana in a drawer. Also, another police officer put on a padded coat where the dog attacks him and bites him.

The rest of the tour was okay. I was really hoping we would get to see the jail but that didn't happen. If I become a police officer, I definitely want to be a K9 police officer. I would love to have a dog with me and it seems more interesting than just being a police officer.

As the days go by I get more irritated because I'm still kind of unsure if this is what I really want to do. I look at criminal justice as a very interesting major and the classes I have taken are very intriguing. But more CJ classes I take, it's repetitive information which I guess would obviously happen but I'm getting bored with it. So as of right now I'm at a crossroads in what I really want to do.

P.S. I can't wait for Thanksgiving! I mean everyone is making a big deal about Christmas and Thanksgiving hasn't even arrived yet! Thanksgiving definitely gets the shaft when it comes to the holidays. It's holiday to be thankful for what you have in your life!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know you updated your blog!

    Too bad you guys didn't get a taser demonstration like in The Hangover. That would've been a good time. K9 unit sounds awesome though!

    Deciding what you want to do for the rest of your life is a big decision. Make sure you know it's what you want and if you aren't sure, acknowledge that. THINK IT OVER, BETSY!

    Thanksgiving DOES get the shaft.
    BRING ON CHRISTMAS.

    ReplyDelete